Here is a quick guide to eating sustainably, from Sam, our friendly fellow fish-lover!
- Download the guide relevant to your area! Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc.
- Take it with you in your purse!
- Don’t be afraid to ask! Ask what species its from, and where and how it was caught - then use the guide to inform your decision.
- Look for the Marine Stewardship Council logo - The blue ‘fish tick’ logo is a sure sign that the fish has been caught from a sustainable source.
- Ask for seafood caught using more traditional fishing methods! Pole and line, handline, gillnets and pots/traps have a lower environmental impact than more industrial methods such as trawling and dredging.